Peanut Butter Cookies
Every home baker should have a peanut butter cookie recipe in his or her arsenal. Peanut butter cookies are recognizable by their signature crisscross pattern, made using the tines of a fork while forming the cookie and made popular by Pillsbury in the 1930s.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups leveled all-purpose flour
- 1½ tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together in a mixing bowl; beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir your dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined. Separate dough into two balls and flatten each ball into a disc; wrap each disc tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If you chilled dough longer than one hour, allow to warm up a little before working with it. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten each ball with the flat end of a fork, making a crisscross pattern. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 9-10 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown.
Every home baker should have a peanut butter cookie recipe in his or her arsenal. Peanut butter cookies are recognizable by their signature crisscross pattern, made using the tines of a fork while forming the cookie and made popular by Pillsbury in the 1930s. These simple but delicious little treats are easy to whip up at a moment’s notice; the dough comes together in minutes and, after about an hour chilling in the fridge, can be out of the oven in no time at all. Don’t skip the chilling in the fridge step: giving the dough time to firm up helps the cookie keep its shape as it bakes in the oven. Sifting your dry ingredients will result in lighter, fluffier cookies. You can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter depending on your preference - either option will yield delicious results!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!